Network Engineer - Long Term Project - Carson City, NV (50% Remote)
Network Engineer 4 - Long Term Project - 50% Remote (each week)
INSPYR Solutions (Genuent) is Hiring a Network Engineer for our premiere government client. This is a Long Term project and can be 50% remote (must be onsite 50% each week) and must reside in the State of Nevada. If you are a match, please apply or contact Terence Sanchez at [email protected]
Assist our Government client staff with the deployment, operations, maintenance, and development of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) systems network transport and security products and create or update procedures, as needed.
SCOPE OF WORK - Consultant must:
- Work with the Information Security Officer(s) to ensure Client network and security equipment follows established Department, State ISO, and industry-standard practices;
- Participate in the review of currently deployed equipment configuration files to identify and resolve any security or operational issues found and provide a remediation report to the ITS Manager;
- Participate in the planning, design, documentation, configuration, and deployment of ITS network devices and services to support the regional Traffic Management Center(s) and/or District Road Operations Center(s) throughout the state;
- Review, update, or create ITS network equipment diagrams or other documents needed to support the Department's ITS users and devices, around the state, to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness;
- Review, update, or create ITS network equipment inventory documents, to ensure the accuracy and accountability of network and security equipment;
- Participate in the planning, design, documentation, configuration, and deployment of the Alcatel-Lucent hardened Ethernet switches to ITS sites throughout the state;
- Participate in the planning, design, documentation, configuration, and deployment of Ciena MPLS network equipment;
- Participate in the planning, design, documentation, configuration, and deployment of licensed and unlicensed point-to-point and point-to-multipoint microwave radio systems;
- Develop, maintain, and adjust, as required, standard configuration files for all ITS network equipment, including the regional ITS field devices;
- Participate in technical research and development and provide recommendations on ways to improve the ITS network availability and functionality for continued innovation, enhanced security, or enhanced reliability;
- Participate in identifying and testing new network devices that would benefit the Department, while striving to maintain both usability and security;
- Troubleshoot and repair any hardware or software failures to the network equipment that arise during and after normal business hours, including weekends and holidays;
- Assist in the development of Network equipment management, installation, and configuration procedures;
- Work closely with the Client Network Group to plan, schedule, and notify users; both internal and external and apply firmware and/or software updates to ITS Network equipment as required;
- Monitor all ITS networking devices for availability, usability, and security and provide recommendations to the ITS Manager for upgrades or enhancements;
- Work within an agile project management environment;
- Complete assigned work according to the specifications and standards set by the State and industry best practices;
- The consultant must work on-site in Carson City, Nevada;
- The Client allows for up to 50% telecommuting, but the consultant must be within the state of Nevada.
- The Client embraces a flexible work schedule, whereby some employees work five 8-hour days a week, four 10-hour days, or some other schedule that is agreed upon with the ITS Manager.
- Travel around the State may be required to perform or assist with the installation, removal, upgrade or remediation of ITS network assets, including working in the roadside ITS cabinets, fiber huts, mountaintop communication sites, and various other state or local agency locations.
Experience and skills are in order of importance.
- Have experience and proficiency in the design, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and deployment of Layer 2 & 3 network switches, routers, firewalls, Secure Remote Access appliances, Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices, licensed and unlicensed point-to-point and point-to-multipoint microwave radio systems and their associated components, and various other physical or virtual network equipment that the Client may procure in the future from a variety of vendors.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of experience working as a Network Engineer in an enterprise environment;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of experience working in a multi-tenant data network utilizing Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Shortest Path Bridging (SPB), or similar technologies;
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the design, configuration, and deployment of dynamic routing protocols in a multi-regional network;
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of experience and be proficient in the proper use of network analysis tools and equipment, such as Wireshark, Exfo Network Protocol Analyzers, Fluke, NetAlly, or other similar network test equipment;
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of experience configuring and maintaining a multicast content delivery regional network;
- Have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Network Operations and Security or a closely related field of study;
- Have a proactive nature with the ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently;
- Have excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills;
The ideal candidate should have one or more of the following certifications:
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Certified System Expert (ACSE) or Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Certified Field Expert (ACFE).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE)
- CompTIA Network+.
- Wireshark Certified Network Analyst (WCNA).
- Ciena Optical Communications (OC) or Carrier Ethernet (CE)
Other vendor or vendor-neutral networking certifications may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The consultant must be able to work in an Agile Project Management environment. Agile experience is not required but is desirable. Routine reporting will include but is not limited to the methods defined below as part of the Agile process and documented using DevOps software or other methods mutually agreed upon.
Similar jobs near me
- Network System Administrator: Roles and Responsibilities
- Peculiarities of Network Architect's Career Path and Training
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: Way to Success
- Network Systems Administrator: The Key to Successful Career
- Revealing the Potential Earnings of a Computer Systems Network Administrator: An Inside Look