All 1,000 of our Marshalls stores embrace discovery, from designer luggage to statement shoes. Our assortment of brands is always changing, but our mission to provide the surprises that make the everyday a little more fun is unwavering. Just like working here. Everyone encourages each other and embraces the excitement that can come with change. Each shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different.
Opportunity: Contribute To The Growth Of Your Career.
Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized store environment with a focus on floor care. Responsibilities include the operation of the scrubber and buffer, dust mopping, damp mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, and spot cleaning glass and windows. Adheres to all operational, merchandise, and loss prevention standards. Cross-trained to work in multiple areas of the store in order to support the needs of the business.
- Role models established customer experience practices with internal and external customers
- Supports and embodies a positive store culture through honesty, integrity, and respect
- Maintains all floor care cleanliness standards including the maintenance and operation of the scrubber and buffer
- Maintains all organizational, cleanliness, and recovery standards for the entire store, e.g. Sales Floor, Single Queue, Associate Lounge, Backroom and Restrooms
- Adheres to all company policies concerning Health and Safety (includes the refilling of all essential items in the Lounge, Restrooms and Front End)
- Cross-trained in other areas of the store (Backroom, Front End, Sales Floor, etc.)
- Supports and responds to all Front End coverage needs
- Adheres and upholds merchandising philosophy and signage standards
- Initiates and participates in store recovery as needed throughout the day
- Adheres to all operational and loss prevention controls in accordance with company guidelines and policies including shrink reduction
- Communicates accurately and effectively with management and Associates
- Adheres to all labor laws, policies, and procedures, including Associate meal and break period policies
- Participates in safety awareness and maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
Who We Are Looking For: You!
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Physical stamina to perform cleaning tasks and run floor buffer and scrubber
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks at one time
- Able to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written. Listens and responds appropriately
- Capable of lifting heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation
- Standout colleague, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Retail customer experience preferred
A Few More Reasons to Love TJX.
- Competitive Compensation
- Weekly Paychecks
- Associate Discount
- Career development opportunities
- TAAP – TJX Associate Assistance Programs
- Be a part of an inclusive team
- Flexible work schedules
Benefit programs and eligibility terms vary across our global locations. We encourage you to apply to learn more about how our benefits can make a difference for you.
We’re reinventing retail and helping people discover that next find that’s going to be their new signature look. You can be a part of their journey to look amazing.
Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different. In fact, that’s what it’s like throughout the entire TJX family, which includes TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense.
Discover Different also means we embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.